One of our goals at Lake Wylie Pet Resort is to make sure all of our guests are kept safe and well. As such, we require that dogs and cats who are boarded with us all have the necessary vaccinations and immunizations; when you bring them in for boarding on their first day of doggie daycare or to be boarded, please bring the most recent veterinarian records you have, confirming the following vaccinations:
- DPP (either a one- or three-year vaccination)
- Bordetella (required annually, and often administered only if you expressly request it of your veterinarian)
- Rabies (either a one- or three-year vaccination)
- Canine Influenza (not required by Lake Wylie Pet Resort, but something we recommend asking your veterinarian about)
- For Cats: Rabies, Leukemia, and FVRCP.
In addition, we require that all of our guests be flea and tick-free; feel free to ask us for recommendations about the best treatments! If your pet is not flea and tick-free when attending day-care or when being boarded, the pet will be treated and you will be billed for the expense.
A final note: While we do not require guests to be spayed/neutered, we do highly recommend it, and charge additional fees for pets not spayed or neutered.
To learn more about our policies or about the measures we take to keep all of our guests safe, please contact the Lake Wylie Pet Resort team today!